What Families Need to Know about the Healthy Families Program Transition to Medi-Cal
July 26, 2012
In June 2012, the final state budget included a transition of all children enrolled in the Healthy Families Program into the Medi-Cal program.
Here's What Families Need to Know:
No Healthy Families Kids will be moved to Medi-Cal before January 1, 2013.
- For parents with children in Healthy Families, nothing about your child's coverage will change immediately
- You will receive a notice from the state at least two months before any change is made
- Individual transition dates will vary based upon where you live and your child's current health plan.
Children will not lose health coverage.
While some families may be required to choose a new health plan or change their doctor, you child will continue to have health coverage.
Healthy Families and Medi-Cal both remain open for enrollment.
Families can still apply for free or low-cost health coverage:
- Call 1-877-KIDS-NOW (1-877-543-7669) or
- Visit www.healtheapp.net
- Find a certified application assistor (CAA) by visiting http://bit.ly/N1Dos6
For more information on coverage options in your community, dial 2-1-1